Joe Samnick Credentials & Achievements
- Founding President: International Society of Arboriculture (ISA), Florida Chapter
- Lifetime Achievement Award for Excellence in Arboriculture International Society of Arboriculture, Florida Chapter
Founding President: International Society of Arboriculture, Florida Chapter
- Past President: Society of Eminent Domain Professionals
Authored Rule Chapter 1440 of the Florida Statutes providing the formula for appraising trees and plants in Florida.
- Arborist of Record and responsibility of successfully transplanting numerous Grand Oak trees weighing over 100 tons while representing developers in tree dispute resolution matters
- Due to marketplace profile with trees, became the president of the Association of Eminent Domain Professionals, the only representative from a non-industry profession ever to hold that seat in the organization’s history.
- Have received the Florida chapter’s President Award for recognition of outstanding meritorious service in advancing the principles, ideas, and practices of progressive arboriculture.
- Hold an intellectual copyright issued for the valuation of a tree using the canopy as a basis of value. This concept was presented at the 2017 International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) annual conference in Washington, D.C. Also, intellectual copyright how to appraise trees and plants which became Rule Chapter 14/40 of the Florida Chapter
- Have presented at five International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) annual conferences.
- Have presented over 95 international, national, and state conferences regarding topics of trees and plants.
- Will present twice at this year’s (2018) Florida Association of Native Nurseries (FANN) Annual Conference.
- My presentation on arboriculture has been the anchor talk at the American Society of Landscape Architects annual conferences for the past 6 years.
Back to Profile of Joe Samnik
- Issued a provider number by the Department of Business and Professional Regulation for the education of Landscape Architects and their continuing education.
- Presentations on arboreal topics have been awarded continuing education units for architects, professional engineers, state-certified pesticide operators (Bureau of Entomology), Members of the Appraisal Institute (MAI), Department of Insurance, Florida Real Estate Appraisal Board, Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences, Contractors and Builders Association through the Construction Industry Licensing Board, Condominium Associates Institute, the American Institute of Architects (AIA), American Society of Consulting Arborists (ASCA), International Society of Arboriculture (ISA), American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA), and Continuing Legal Education (CLE).
- Education chair for five years for the Florida Chapter, ISA.
- Developed and hosted a public broadcast system (PBS) video in cooperation with the University of Florida regarding the ANSI A300, Part 2 document.